EzParts Electronic Parts Catalog Software.
The customer sees the error message during EzParts Electronic Parts Catalog Software installation process "The sa password must meet SQL Server password policy requirements. For password guidelines, see Authentication Mode, in SQL Server Books Online."
To solve this issue install SQL Server separately and go through the EzParts Electronic Parts Catalog Software installation again following the steps below:
Manually Install SQL Server:
1. Insert the first EzParts electronic parts catalog software disk into the DVD-ROM drive.
2. Open the soft folder and find the SQLEXPR.exe file there.
3. Double-click the SQLEXPR.exe file to begin installation of SQL Server Express 2005.
4. Agree to End User Licence Agreement by checking the check-box I accept the licence terms and conditions and click Next;
5. The SQL Server will first set up the prerequisite files. Once this is done, click Next;
6. Click Next on the introduction window;
7. A system configuration check is performed next. After a successful check, click Next;
8. Don’t change the default information on the Registration Information window. Uncheck the Hide advanced configuration options checkbox. Click Next;
9. On the Instance name window select Named instance in the radio-button group and type manually EZPARTS5. Click Next to continue;
10. Check the authentication mode to Windows Authentication mode. Click Next;
11. On Configuration Options window leave the selection at the default Enable User Instances;
12. Do not check Error and Usage Report Settings and click Next;
13. On Ready to Install window the installation will prompt you to begin the installation. Click Next to continue;
14.When the installation is completed the Completing Setup window appears. Click Finish.
Complete the EzParts Electronic Parts Catalog Software installation:
1. Double-click EzParts5_setup.exe. Proceed with the welcome screen by clicking Next;
2. On the Application License Agreement step of the installation process agree to the terms of the license agreement. Click Next;
3. On the Database License Agreement step of the installation agree to the terms of the license agreement. Click Next;
4. On the Installation Mode step of the wizard select Advanced type of the EzParts 5.0 installation;
5. Select the Install EzParts 5.0 application files and Configure Database server check-boxes. Click Next;
6. The Configure Database Server step of the installation will appear. Select MS SQL Server instance for EzParts installation. In the drop-down list you can see a list of all available instances of MS SQL Server 2005 on local computer. Select the EZPARTS5 or the other name you’ve typed manually on step of Instance name of the SQL Server setup;
7. On the Resources Settings step of the wizard select Copy resources to the following folder. The default location is C:\EzParts5.0_DATA\Manufacturer_Name. If necessary change this location using the Browse button at the end of the field;
8. The Installation Folder step of the wizard will appear. By default, application is installed to C:\Program Files\EzParts5. If necessary change this location using the Browse button or click the Next button to install EzParts 5.0 to the default location;
9. Agree with all the next windows and finish installation of your EzParts electronic parts catalog software application.