An EzParts V5 electronic parts catalog software license file allows you to control the GLOBAL expiration of your dataset before you publish it to the WEB and / or to DVD.
An EzParts V5 license file also determines what EzParts applications you are allowed to use in your facility.
An EzParts V5 license file has the extension .EZL and is usually found in a folder the ftp or inside a distribution titles in a folder called: licenses.
When do you need to import a license file?
Because of the way EzParts V5 manages licenses any time you CHANGE a DATABASE NAME you will be required to import an EzParts V5 license or .EZL file using EzData into any database you want to edit or maintain
Any time you would like to edit or alter the expiration date beyond the maximum expiration date that is allowed for your current license NAME you will be required to import an EzParts V5 license or .EZL file using EzData.
Any time you would like to use an application that is not currently enabled using your existing license.
The first time you execute and run EzImporter or wish to extend the expiration of EzImporter beyond the current expiration date.
Where do you get a license file?
License files have already been delivered to you or posted to the Systems Online FTP server. An EzParts V5 license file has the extension .EZL and is usually found in a folder on the ftp or inside a distribution titles in a folder called: Licenses
If you require a new license file you can send a request for the new file to firstname.lastname@example.org Please be specific as to why you need the license file so that we can supply you with the appropriate license that meets your needs.
I need to request a new EzParts license file because you do not want my DVD to expire before Jan 01,.2012
I need a new license
my current license does not allow me to use EzImporter.
How to import a license file using EzData?
1. Run EzData.
2. On the Login window click Options.
3. Click Edit to open the Edit Manufacturers window.
4. If the database you wish to extend the expiration date IS NOT listed on the Edit Manufacturer window or the Manufacturers list is empty, then perform the following steps. Otherwise, please SKIP this step and go to step 5.
If the Manufacturers list is empty, you must specify DB Connection to the database:
a) Click the Ellipsis or Browse button at the end of the DB Connection field.
b) On the Provider tab of the Data Link Properties window select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQLServer.
c) On the Connection tab specify the settings:
- Enter a Server name into the Select or enter a server name field.
- If database is on local computer, enter 'Computer name/SQL Server name' into the Select or enetr a server name field:
Computer name - the name of the computer. Go to Satrt menu->right-click Computer->select Properties. Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, you can find your computer name.
SQL Server name - the instance name of SQL Server. Go to Start menu->Control Panel->System and Security->Administrative Tools->Services. In the list of services find SQL Server(instance name, by default EZPARTS5).
- If database is on the network enter a Server name where the database is stored (contact your database administrator to get this information).
- Enter information to log onto the server:
- Select Use a specific user name and password if server is installed on the network. Type user name and password provided by database administrator to connect to SQL Server.
- Select the database on the server from the drop-down list.
When DB Connection settings are specified the Load License button becomes enabled.
5. Select the Manufacturer dataset to be extended from the list of databases on the Edit Manufacturer window.
6. Click the Load License button and browse for EZL-file.